slcman

How to connect CP1L USB

7 posts in this topic

I need to download/upload program to a CP1L-M30DT1-D. When I plug plc window detect driver and install it, at the end of the installation I got CODE10. Then OMRON SYSMAC PLC appear in device manager but when I try to do an upload, I got Failed to connect with plc message. OS: VMware with WinXP Pro SP3 I also try it on Win7 Pro x32 CxProgrammer: 9.52 I guess the step for connect to this plc is: - select Auto Online - Direct Online - USB connection - [CONNECT] Do I miss something *note that the plc is not new and I'm not 100% sure it work. However, I can see Power and run light ON (green) and an output is flashing (because of the program). Thanks for read

If the driver is properly installed, most Omron PLCs will show up under modems. Try searching the software install directory for a USB driver and updating the driver via Device Manager.

No modem, driver seem to be at good place

CP1L must be different than CJ and NJ, they show up as modems.

The USB drivers should be installed with the installation of CX Programmer. C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Server\Drivers is a possible directory location. It may be different depending upon your installation. 1) Try right clicking on the device in your Device Manager then 'Uninstall'. Then plug the PLC in again and reinstall. 2) I've found the Auto Online is not 100% reliable. Try starting a new project in CX Programmer. Select the PLC that you are using then choose 'Work Online'.

Step 1:
Open vmware.log file
Step 2:
Search for the Driver name [Omron]
Line Should look Simular to
USB: Found device [name:OMRON-PLC vid:0590 pid:005b path:1/9/1 speed:full family:vendor instanceId:USB\\VID_0590&PID_005B\\5&1E41AFF0&0&2 arbRuntimeKey:2 version:3]
Step 3:
Copy down the vid value and pid Value
(Ex. 0590 and 005b)
Step 4:
Open the vmware.vmx file
Add the following, substituting the numbers found for vid and pid
usb.quirks.device0= "0xvid:0xpid skip-reset, skip-refresh, skip-setconfig"
Will look like:
usb.quirks.device0= "0x0590:0x005b skip-reset, skip-refresh, skip-setconfig"
Step 5: Restart VM