Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ASForrest

FTView SE User Auto Logout/Login

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, Got a FTView SE project where I've set up windows linked user groups so that their IT department can control access to the system without touching the FT stuff. I've got 5 levels: Engineer, Maintenance, Supervisor, Operator, View Only. The customer doesn't like the fact that when nobody is logged in, you just see a blank screen. So to get around that, I've created a view only user "default", and the "Log Out" button is not actually a log out button, it's a login button that logs in the default user. So that way they can at least see what's going on, just not control it. The trouble is that the customer also wants any user to be logged out after 5 minutes of inactivity. I know I can set up an auto logout in the client setup wizard, but then I'm back to the blank screen issue. Does anyone hove a workaround for this? Thanks!

Go to the Factory Talk directory configuratuion wizard,, Create a new login credentials ,,, Now use these credentials in View Se for logon . Hope it helps Regards, Nelliyan.G

Ah...no. That doesn't address the issue at all...

Been a while since I played inside FT, but as I recall you can macro a timer that is reset by keypress or mouse move events and when it is timed out it can call the login in default user action also. Just a thought.

I found a way to do it using VB in the end. I set up a tag group with events and added the system\minutes tag to it. When this minute changes (so, every minute), you get the tick count and idle time from windows. Then when the idle time exceeds your setpoint, login the default user. Obviously this method means that my user could be logged out after 10 minutes or 10 min 59 seconds, but for the purposes required it's fine. I wanted to use the OnTime method to retrigger my checks rather than all the extra code required to monitor a change in the minutes tag, but it seems that this version of VBA doesn't support it?