Wulfgar

Studio unable to download to MAC or simulate project

5 posts in this topic

I posted this on the simulation freeze thread but decided to make a new thread post as it is not limited to the simulation. I get the following message when trying to transfer to the controller or start a simulation: "The project was not built. Please build the project and try again" I'm now using Studio 1.10 but the problem has not gone away. Rebuilt the project, checked the program no issues, saved a new copy and repeated and still simulation gives me this message. Defiantly some kinks for Omron to work out. There must be something wrong with my project that does not show up as an error but is preventing it from starting simulation or allowing a download. So I've emailed my project to my local Omron support on (2014/08/01) and am still waiting from a reply from them. I'm able to work with a previously saved version of the project but it is a couple weeks old and I've added a lot of stuff to the project since then especially on the safety CPU side. It does not appear to be any way to copy the safety configuration from one project to another only the code and variables. Has anybody experienced this problem, know what could cause it or a workaround until Omron fixes it? Thanks, Wulfgar

Hi Wulfgar, I've had something similar, and it tripped me up for ages. Carefully check the "Output" tab page for any POU's that say "Build failed" instead of "Build finished". Even though I had a POU fail to build, it did not show up anywhere other than this Output tab page. In my case, I was incorrectly using an enumeration data type. I was using the syntax of "EnumType.Member", where the correct syntax is "EnumType#Member". Hope this helps. Edited by Andy_P
1 person likes this

Thanks Andy! That was exactly the problem, I was testing the enumerator data type in a program. No error shows up but it does show a build error on the Output tab. Omron got back with me today but did not mention looking at the Output tab for a failed build, I was only looking at the Build tab. Edited by Wulfgar

To answer your question about saving the safety CPU, there is a way. On the main EtherCAT screen, right click on the NX-ECC201, and select 'Export Slave Settings'. This will export the entire NX block and all settings, including safety. It can also be used on other slaves like servos and inverters.
2 people like this

@Crossbow: Nice tip reagrding the export of slave settings, I had missed that. @Wulfgar: Glad it helped, it certainly caught me out for a while. Hopefully the behaviour and compilation of enumerators can be improved in future versions.