Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alankit

New to NB-Designer

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm very new to this NB-Designer. i'm trying to make a new bitmap graphic to my HMI. I've successfully created the graphics but, the background of the graphics gives me a big problem because I don't know how to make it transparent.. Anyone please help!!.. Really Appreciate it...
1 person likes this

You have to use graphics format with native transparency support which is at the same time supported by NB designer. I suggest you use .png graphics. So instead of colored background you use transparent one in .png file.

Hi Eradicated, FYI actually I have tried by making the picture background become transparent using Photoshop and save as .png but some how when i load the graphic in graphic making page, the picture background become white color.. Do NB-Designer have any tools to make the picture background become transparent? Thank you!!

Maybe I'll just describe the procedure that works for me. I start with adding a new graphics. Then I add required states to the newly created element. Then if I place any element (e.g. bit lamp) on the screen and use the new graphics, the transparency works without any glitches (as an example, yellow background with letter on transparent background). As for your reference, you'll find my .png file with letter A on transparent background here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23860146/mrPLC/letterA.png . Hope that helps.

I've follow your instruction with your instructions, it works perfectly!!.. when I do further confirmation on my picture, it worked.. My picture did not set as a PNG file with transparent background.. Thank you for your help. i found the solutions to solve the problems... Do you have any better solutions other than editing the picture with using Adobe PhotoShop, it is very time consuming.. Thank you very much!!