Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cfitzh2o1938

Learning to program an Omron CQM1

3 posts in this topic

I retired 10 years ago and a parting gift from some of my fellow employees was a CQM1 with the following modules PA206, CPU41, 1 IO212 and 2 DC222. They also gave me the original 3 1/2 inch discs for SYSWIN - V3.1 and V 3.2A.They gave me the hardware because the company had made the decision to go with Allen-Bradley and move away from Omron. The reason for my post is that my 16 year old grandson is coming to visit and I would like to give it to him to learn on but I am uncertain of what he needs to get started. I do not believe he has a 3 1/2 inch floppy drive available to him to install the software. I seem to remember there was dongle involved (software key) which I do not have. based on what this kid has done in the past I believe he is very sharp mechanically. I would appreciate any help to get this youngster started. Please feel free to email me directly. Thanks Chuck Fitzwater

SysWin wasn't very good and is 10 years obsolete. I suggest you contact the local Omron distributor to see if he can fix you up with a student version of CX Programmer.

Definitely want to find yourself a CX Programmer.