Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JRoss

QuickPanel Software and Cable?

6 posts in this topic

Hi! I have a customer with an old QuickPanel that I need to either modify or upgrade. Either way I need to get the program out of it if possible. What software and cable do I need? I'm having a time trying to figure it out from the GE website. The part number is QPI-2D100-L2P. I think I need some version of QuickDesigner and a cable with the part number HMI-CAB-C49. If that's true, how can I beg, borrow, or steal one? I have a friend with a HMI-CAB-C49-J, which is apparently for a QuickPanel Jr. Is that the same thing? That's all I got. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

In an old manual for Quick Designer software I don't find any separate cable for the Quick Panel Junior. The same manual shows both the Juniors and the standard models as model selections for a new project. I would expect that a cable that works for a junior will also work The QP side of the cable should be an 8-pin DIN connector. The cable includes a built-in TTL to RS232 converter, so building your own is not as simple as getting the proper signal on each pin.

And getting the program out of it will only work if it was stored into the Quickpanel using that option.

The above is all accurate. Also with the QPI-2...... units you can use GEIP Proficy Machine Edition View software instead of QuickDesigner.

Great, thanks so much for your help!

Check the manual of the cable http://www.automationpartz.com/HMI-CAB-C49_Reference.pdf