Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gnex

Tunneling between 2 Different IP network

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, I have 2 1756-EN2T in one backplane 1st reside in slot 3 with 10.104.45.1 IP address and the other reside in Slot4 with 10.104.47.1 IP address. Both connected to differnent switch, now i set my Laptop to 10.104.45. 243 when i browse the .45 network i can see all the connected component, but if i go to .47 browsing from the main backplane i can only see the 1756-EN2T module. Last time i thought RSlinx has a SEAMLESS connectivity. Is there any way to connect both network using 1 subnet .. aside from VLan with gateway .. Cheers, Ganie Edited by Gnex

RSLinx and the 1756-ENxT module cannot send a broadcast packet out of the remote module, which is how RSLinx Classic's EtherNet/IP driver performs local subnet browsing. Instead you need to configure a list of IP addresses on the remote network that you want to browse. Once you've configured RSLinx Classic to browse those nodes on the remote network, it will do so in a manner very similar to the older AB_ETH driver. Browse as far as the remote 1756-ENxT module in RSWho, then to the Ethernet network under its network port. Right-click and select Properties. That should give you a two-tab window with a "Browse Addresses" tab that allows you to enter a list of IP addresses on that remote network.
2 people like this

Wow!..It works ken.. Big Thanks.. Edited by Gnex
1 person likes this