Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ALI PLC

Multi ML1400 to main panel View Plus 12.1HMI

8 posts in this topic

Dear All I needs your experience I needs to monitoring & control 21 ML1400 PLC by 1 HMI Panel View Plus 12.1 Inch (factory Talk vie ME ) through the Ethernet Port in each ML1400 and I will use the Management Hub switch from AB Any Help will be Highly Appreciated Best Regards ALi

What is the exact model number of the PV+? I worked with one (10") around 4 years ago, and if I recall correctly one limitation of the plus series is that it is limited to 25 pages... will this be enough for your 21 PLC's? If this is true for your version, then would you have enough space on 1 screen of the HMI per PLC you are controlling? There might also be limitations on how many devices you can browse from one PV, I'm not sure on this. If so, instead of having your PV talk to 21 separate PLC's, it might be a better idea to have all the PLC's talk to a master for example using MSG instructions) so to speak, and have that one PLC pass this data onto the HMI. Also research CIP connections. My system 4 years ago used CPX not MLX, but just read another post which includes "If these are PanelView Plus HMIs, they can establish up to five CIP connections each" Edited by the_msp

Dear MSP The Model Number is 2711P-T12C4D8 , , I have No proble with pages I needs 10 Page in Maximum , for your suggest to use MSG , did this large quantity of MSG orders will be Delayed the system ? I have No long experience with MSG instruction , I can 1 PLC compactlogix L23E to communicate with 20 ML1400 PLC and connect theis CPX PLC to HMI , Please if you have some example to MSG instruction and Mapping to communicate between ML1400 & Compact Logix PLC Best Regards Ali

Sorry I don't have any sample code, I havn't tried this method myself was just throwing it out there as a thought... Try searching the forums, both here and plcs.net Here is one thread that advises to stagger your msg instructions (do not have them all executing at the same time) http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=24093&st=0&p=116407&hl=multiple%20msg&fromsearch=1entry116407 How much data are you transferring, if you only need 10 HMI pages for 21 PLC's? How fast does the PLC have to react to the HMI read/write operations Regards,

Does the C stand for colour or Compact? http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=76079&highlight=multiple+msg

Dear Msp Thank you for reply, the total tags about 200 bool states and 80 integerdata For the time is not critical I needs the main HMI reads states in each 1..3 seconed I read some info. About MSG instructions I thing isnt very difficult, I thing I can use it to collcet the states in main plc 1769-L23E its accepted 32 CIP connection And connectthe Panel. View Pluse HMI to main PLC by serial port and connect the other 10 plc also through Ethernet port to read some Bool tags Best regards Ali

OK you can optomize your data transfer e.g. for bools instead of transferring them one one bit at a time, transfer the whole word. You would need to group them together as a word when you program Regards,

MANY THANKS FOR HELP Edited by ALI PLC