Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ladder

Recommend software to connect different PLC-s

10 posts in this topic

Hello! I need to use software, wich combines two different PLC-s as Mitsubishi and Siemens ( for example ). Does someone know, which is more user-friendly or have more features ? Best Regards.

no such thing... if you have project that has both brands PLCs,, you will need software for each of them.

Thank you for answering. Example - I need to combine Siemens and Mitsubishi controllers. Siemens will be slave controller and Mitsubishi is master. What kind of software i need to use for this assignment?

I would recommend PC based OPC servers. They can read and write data from various PLCs. Your original message sounded like maybe you wanted to program more than one PLC in the same software. If you are more specific with your posts, we can be of more help.
1 person likes this

Okay. Tahts correct i think. I programmed Siemens and Mitsubishi controllers both in their own software. Now i need to make them both work together, like Siemens is slave controller and Mitsubishi is master controller. How and what program/software i need to use to make them work with each other? I know that easier would be use same brand controllers, but right now i need solution for this situation. Got any ideas ? I have heard that there is some software/program to make them compatible. I was hoping you would know about this. Best Regards.

you mean you want different brand plcs to exchange datadirectly? did you consider gateway such as AnyBus?

Windows-based DirectSOFT programming package is new and improved. With many new instructions, programming is now easier, quicker and more intuitive than ever. Improved viewing options and customizable tool bars make it easier to program and monitor your PLC system. This may help you to connect. If you need any kind of writing help you can click to read more about this writing help service.

Masseytruth Directsoft has nothing to do with the plc's in question.

You may need to break the problem down more than just manufacturer into the controller model numbers. Do the leg work and document your controller model numbers and what firmware versions you are running and what development software (and versions) you have to use with each controller. Then dig into how the master controller (Mitsubishi ???) can communicate with slave controller (Siemens ???). When it comes to controllers, communication will be either tag-based (such as Allen-Bradley Logix) or I/O based (such as Allen-Bradley SLC or PLC). AnyBus modules are excellent (where applicable) in getting 2 different platforms to talk together. They are more of a virtual tag-based spreadsheet to update tag values back and forth. If both platforms can be mated together to work in harmony, you may wind up running into issues with data update rate. Gateway converters, such as AnyBus, do have inherent latency time as does any multi-controller system. Understanding these inherent delays can save you alot of re-engineering time down the road.

Hi, As you have two different brands, the best protocol to communicate is Modbus. Both brands can support it with their own communication cards OR you can also use an adapter for anyone of them to convert Modbus to any other protocol. For example,As most Siemens PLC has Profibus port on its CPU, you can use a Profibus to Modbus converter. you can select converters for many different protocols according below table: http://www.icpdas-usa.com/advancedsearch.html?#protocolconvertertable?r=mohsen