Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

Automatic clock adjustment

4 posts in this topic

Hi, My PLC has an IP 10.10.90.51 From IT guys I got info that they use Clock server 10.10.0.2 and I should synchronize PLC clock to this server. I tried to set it but no success. How I have to set PLC Settings/ Ethernet build-in tab to read time. Maybe I need sth more from IT guys? thanks in advance Pawel

The clock server is not in the same subnet as the PLC so the PLC probably cannot see the clock server. It would help to know which PLC and Ethernet module you have.

CP1L-EM with built-in Ethernet The only working Clock server has to be in the same subnet - any routing can work. When I transfer parameters I have to switch power ON/OFF or changes work after transfer. I try to set it remotely - so I cannot switch off power - so I am asking Edited by pszczepan

Noone is familira with that. I found some topic on myomron My link and there is procedure to set automatic adjust for NJ from internet. Even Clock server is in different subnet still it can be done. I tried to do with CP1L-EM, but I am not sure if seetings are enough to do Another way to adjust PLC time I think can be: In my application I have PLC 10.10.90.50 which is connected to PC with 10.10.90.51. I set PC to automatic clock synchronize from 10.10.0.2 and it works. I found topic how to set PC as a Time server but I don't have registry from example in my PC If it works I could set in PLC automatic adjust to IP of my PC 10.10.90.51 Am I right? Can you give any clue how to set everything? thanks