Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Mike_H

C-commands

8 posts in this topic

polling data in cpu. send somthing like @00RRxx to get IR memory . What does MB command do ? I cannot find it in the c-series programming ref. -- Thanks Michael

The MB command is known as MailBox command - undocumented. Used for several system settings.

Jay What is the chance of getting some insight ? trial and error is taking to long - Michael

The MB command is used to set several parameters, such as I/O table write, password protect, etc. The MB command actually writes to contiguous hex addresses above and below the user memory where the operating system resides. Indiscriminate poking of values into these areas could lock the PLC up for good. I'm sure during your snooping of the serial lines from CX-Programmer to the CQM1 you have seen a few MB commands go by. What in particular do you feel that you are missing?

I'm not exactly Indiscriminately poking anything, well nothing that hasn't been previously poked. Let me explain what brought me here. I am checking (polling com1) the IR area to determine if a value is what it should be or at least anticipated to be from. Using serial communications works fine. However, If the area being looked at is large or spread out. It takes a little time to decipher the data. so, more we are looking at. more time. I am currently looking at the TXD to pop a message back through com2 if things are determined to be in need of attention. This approach works as well. With that said. It appears the MB command looks at or perhaps sets several areas in one pass to get data on. It is just a matter of finding what is the more efficient method. Thanks -- Michael

Oh, forgotto mention. I was actually looking at output/return from cxnet network config. tool. -- Michael

Mike, you're barking up the wrong tree. If you need to see data from non-contiguous areas in the IR, look at the QQIR command. Omron calls it the laundry list command. You basically send it a laundry list of registers that you want to view all the time, and then just do a query for that list. It will bring it back in the order you want it. MB ain't what you're looking for.

Hmmm, missed that one. Thanks -- Michael