Tom749

Selection of the Circuit Breaker

3 posts in this topic

Hi, there. I need a help for selecting a Circuit Breaker. I ask the meaning of the terms as following. (1) Frame size rated current [A] ? (2) Rated current In [A] ? (3) Rated insulation voltage Ui [V]? (4) Rated Operational voltage Ue [V] ? (5) Icu [kA] ? (6) Ics [kA] ? Could you explain those in detail? Thanks for your help in advance.

With all due respect, should you be fitting/selecting MCB's (one of, if not the most important part of any electrical circuit) if you don't know the above?

On 6/24/2014 at 2:51 PM, Tom749 said:

Hi, there. I need a help for selecting a Circuit Breaker. I ask the meaning of the terms as following. (1) Frame size rated current [A] ? (2) Rated current In [A] ? (3) Rated insulation voltage Ui [V]? (4) Rated Operational voltage Ue [V] ? (5) Icu [kA] ? (6) Ics [kA] ? Could you explain those in detail? Thanks for your help in advance.

On 6/24/2014 at 2:51 PM, Tom749 said:

Maximum value of current that a circuit breaker. Breaker is rated at in=125A for ambient temperature 40°C well-appointed with appropriate calibrated overcurrent tripping relay. That same circuit breaker used at high value of ambient temperature. Frame size current rated, circuit-breaker can be fit with over current tripping units of changed current level setting range. Rated operational voltage- this is the power which the circuit breaker designing to work in normal conditions. Additional values of voltage is assigned to the circuit, parallel to distributed conditions.