Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy_P

NA series HMI

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any specs on the forthcoming NA series HMI? I can only find some very sketchy stuff but nothing in any great detail.

Release is coming later this year. I would expect more details will be made available as it gets closer to launch. For now, not much to be had for public information.

Yep there's nothing on their website yet so guess this is not info that is in the public domain yet.

I am waiting for this too. Our local distributor won't tell us anything.

This is being openly discussed with some customers. It is a high end unit for tight integration into Sysmac Studio/NJ Controllers. Release late 2014

This is the best link I can come up with right now.

There are a few manuals already available on the Web: Hardware User's Manual Software Manual Device Connection Manual Startup Guide

Studio 1.10 already supports new NA HMI. So... You can start playing with the NA (in simulation mode) rightnow and... Judge by yourself ;)

I have a brand new install ov V1.10, but it does not contain the NA designer. Performing an auto-update does not show it either. My local Omron rep apparently has a patch for me which I will get soon, so we shall see!

First impressions are that it still very much a work in progress and not complete enough yet to develop anything more than a very basic HMI project. The VB code module is way too restrictive when it comes to accessing properties of controls on a page. For just one example - the built-in MediaPlayer for playing movie clips has a "VideoFile" property. Unless I am missing something, you cannot access this to modify it from code to supply a different name. It appears that it is hard-coded into the page. The built-in controls (Labels, Buttons, etc) have very limited functionality when you compare it with NS series and CX-Designer. I don't want to be too critical at this stage as it is still very early days. The editor looks slick enough though and seems to perform well, so looking forward to updates as it is developed.