Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_Daniel

How to use the DSM module?

4 posts in this topic

I want to use the DSM302 to control two servo valves, so I need the module to get two AQB position signals that come from two sensors, and according the order position to give out +/-10v signals to control the valves. What I want to know clearly is how can I desisn the program to realize this function? Thanks for your attention!

When you configure the DSM302 for analog operation (as opposed to digital), the module accepts a feedback signal from an incremental quadrature encoder and ouputs a +/- 10 VDC velocity command. You need to set up several tuning and scaling parameters in the configuration of the module. Once that's done, you need to perform a homing operation to get each axis to a known position. There are three %AQ addresses assigned to each axis. To command an axis to move to a specific position, you put the 32-bit value for the position into the upper two %AQ registers while loading the code for the type of motion into the first %AQ register. If your motion profile is repetitive, it might make sense to create a motion program and store it in the DSM302. If you do that, to run the stored program, you need only set one of the %Q bits assigned to the module. That's a quick overview. As always, the devil is in the details.

When controlling Valves I would suggest that you disable the home routine in the configuration and use the "set position" command via the AQ values mentioned by Steve. Most servo valves will not "home" like a servo motor axis does. This has been done before, but it may take some "tweaking" because these things are designed for servo motors and not valves.

Thanks for your attention, Steve and RussB. This is the first time I try to use the DSM302 to control servo valves. Your advise are very importent for me. AS you saied, the home position and some detail things may be a big problem. Now I have no good idea for this project, and I will try this next week. If there is something I'm not sure, I hope you can give me more help. If you have example project like this I also hope you can post to me,that will help me more. My e_mail is jds1012@163.com. Keep in touch! Thanks again!