Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Miften

QJ71E71 - 100

19 posts in this topic

Good Day Again Last time you helped me a lot with my "pointer" problem. This time I must admit defeat with configuration attempts of QJ71E71 - 100 module. I have CPU with build-in ethernet port which I configure without a problem on MC protocol (udp/tcp). But In my system I use 11 e-series panels and 3x Runtime Scada IPCs. And I'm getting a lot of communication errors - I bet this is problem of much data to be send. Its around 1000bits + 100 registers to each device (big monitoring alarm system for newbuild ship). I wanted to use QJ71E71 - 100 as second ethernet port for IPC to share the load and create some kind of redundancy (I loose wire to build-in cpu then I have module as redundant wire - strange FMEA and Certification Associety requirements). But I cannot force this module to work for me. I tried plenty of configurations and no results. On module I do not have any error. But Scada (wonderfull Beijer iX Runtime) cannot communicate to it. My latest ideas was getting me nowhere thats why I ask for help - where Im making a mistake? I post pictures of latest config which didnt work: Top of screen is GX Developer configuration Bottom of each screen is iX developer configuration. I wait for you advice.

What about your iX Runtime settings

Hello I put in 2 screens - on those screens on top of image is gx developer config. On bottom scren is configuration of iX software [window named q-series (e71) Ethernet]

I guess the IP adress of the PC is 192.168.3.199. But I am missing the setting where you make sure the ix is using port 3800 to communicate to QJ71E71 port 3800

Yes Correct PC ip is 192.168.3.199 E71 ip is 192.168.3.38 build in port is 192.168.3.39 Is this screen claryfing iX software side of ports? Edited by Miften

What I mean is that you've created a port 3800 on the ethenet card which can be accessed by an ethernet device with IP adress 192.168.3.199 through port 3800. This means iX has to use port 3800 to open port 3800 on the ethertcard. Normally a PC will choose their own port numer so if possible you either tell it to use a specific port. You can also let the QJ71E71-100 accept other ports by using FFFF as the port number (The same applies for the IP adress ff.ff.ff.ff) Or you choose a TCP connection and choose an upassive connection. Edited by Gambit

Thank You. 1. I have changed UDP port to ffff on PLC side. No changes made to iX Developer - result - Illegal station 2. I have changed parameters in PLC - TCP/IP to Unpassive with both send/recieve with port 3900. On side of iX Dev/Runtime I set it to TCP/IP put port 3900 - result - comm error station 1. Can you show me clear working parameters (can be mc protocol) settnings in e71 module? The manual in pdf is not clear for me how to create mc protocol connection. Thank you

According to your pictures you are using 3800 not 3900

According to your pictures you are using port 3800 not 3900 Edited by Gambit

I changed ports on both ends. Can the problem be because I have Both build in cpu and e71 connected to one turboring Moxa switch? (same domain .3 diffrent addreses 38, 39) When I have copied config from your picture - and apply it on both ends - I get information Illegal station. I have station ID in PLC 1 (cannot set 0). IN iX developer Default station is 1. Confusing for me is station list in iX developer where i have numeration starting from 0 where I put my ip 192.168.3.38 port 3800. If I put new station whih on list have ID 1 I get error not Illegal Station but comm err station 1.... Edited by Miften

That shouldn't be a problem what error are you getting on the E71-100 module?

PLC module does not give any error. Also Communication diodes does not blink.

Than there is something wrong on your iX settings. It has not started communicating for some reason...

Well according to Panels which had identical problems - then I assume Bejer iX Designer also have problems to communicate. They advise me to use MC Protocol - how should I start and configure MC protocol in E71? In build in port i have it on dropdown list and it works perfectly. On e71 menu I do not have that option...

Don't they have a description for their driver? I don't use your iX so I can't advice you on that.

Thats the advice - there is plenty of problems with tcp/ip communication with e71. (both eseries panels from mitsubishi and beijer scada). Its better to start mc protcol on plc. You know how to start it on e71 module? The manual to it does not cleary say how-to configure module for this protocole.

MC protocol should be the same as unpassiv TCP. But If you aren't getting any receive led or Errors on the e71 than your panel isn't sending any requests.

Got it, and Im sorry. Somewhere in the process i get a mistake in operational settings - 198.162.3.38 was e71 IP adress.... After change everytthing works perfectly. Thankyou still for assistance with mc protocol - everything works when: I setup TCP/IP with proper IP on E71 nad iX developer with mc protocol as controler. Thanks.

Can we see your final results? Both IX and plc settings.