Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pick

Connecting pc thru AIC to SLC 5/04

7 posts in this topic

I have a SLC 5/04 connected (DH485) to a (RS232) Uniop HMI thru a 1761 NET- AIC. The 5/04 talks DH+ to another 5/04. Can I use the 8 pin serial port on the AIC to connect a PC for programming? If so, which RSLinx driver would I use?

Yes you can. Are you sure the protocol on your SLC5/04's serial port is configured for DH485? Just because there is an AIC doesn't mean it has to be. If your PC has a real serial port then you can use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx. (DH485 Protocol) There can be issues with this driver depending on what operating system your PC runs on. What operating system do you have? If not (no serial port) then you will need a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter) Edited by Mickey

you should check the PLC program or Uniop HMI to make sure it is DH845 .Then you can determine what drivers or device you need to program .

From the project channel config ch0 is DH485 and ch1 is DH+. The controller properties comm settings tab shows Driver: AB_ETH-1 Route: CIP Path 16.12.49.57.50.46.49.54.5 Node 36. Last Configured (sys): AB_DF1-2 Node 1d local. I am running XP sp3, have actual comm port.

With a real serial port on your PC you can use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx. Baud rate must be the same node address must be different. There are issues with that driver with Win XP SP3. See link below for a patch. http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=63919&highlight=windows+sp3+patch

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Thanks to everyone for your help!