Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
becs

9030 CPU372 losing settings on power loss

4 posts in this topic

I have a CPU372 Plus that I'm trying to change the IP address to. I can change the address, but when I cycle the power it reverts to the old one. I am also having this problem with the logic, but when I was involved with commissioning this machine last summer and making logic changes I don't remember having to do anything special when downloaded the program. All my changes from last summer took. I have tried the option of writing to the flash, but I always get a write error when I do this, either the flash is not there or isn't configured properly. Last summer when commissioning I remember getting this error message too. Questions: Does this CPU have internal flash or do you have to buy a seperate flash card? Is there something when I'm downloading that I'm screwing up? Thanks!

Oh, and the only thing I've changed since last summer has been the power supply. Before on power down the memory wouldn't be retained even though it hada fresh battery for it's battery backup.

Turn the key to "Off" then download the correct configuration and logic and be sure to "Write to Flash". By default the key in the On position prevents writing to flash.
1 person likes this

If you change a ip address you must download this information to the hardware file otherwise when the power is cycled the CPU will revert to the old address.  You need to write to the flash memory too.  One great Proficy ME feature is using the set ip address to first communicate to a CPU on the LAN.  I document the MAC address for each CPU which is needed for this software function to work. For remote communications I use product from PLCRemote.net.  Great product that really works.  I have communicated with sites in China and India from our offices in Northern Nevada replacing old dialup modems.