synchro

Step7/WinCC and TIA Portal

3 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, I'm currently programming Siemens S7-300 PLC's using Step 7 Pro v5.5 (mainly in STL including networking) and programming HMI's (Multi Panels and Touch) using WnCC Flexible 2008. I recently wanted to purchase a new HMI (Comfort touchscreen TP15000 version) and it say it requires WINCC COMFORT V11 SP2 (TIA?) for programming? I looked at the Siemens website about TIA Portal but found it about as clear as Siemens usually is, which is as clear as mud! My questions are: Is the software I am currently using being replaced by the two TAI portal versions? Or does one TIA portal version replace both Step 7 and Wincc? Can I use TIA portal to open my existing Step 7 projects or do I need to convert them in some way? Should I make this upgrade? Any clarity would be much appreciated!

TIA ver 11has been replaced by TIA ver 12, TIA v13 has just been released. Yes TIA is replacing S7 classic - the version of S7 that you are using. TIA V13 can program S7 PLC's including the new S7 1200 / S7 1500 PLC's as well as the Basic range of HMI's To program your HMI you would need to buy the licence for WinCC Comfort. There is an "import" function to convert S7 Classic programs into TIA but some older S7 300 PLC's are not supported. There was a "Siemens special offer" to buy an upgrade licence from S7 Classic Pro to TIA - not sure if it is still available? You can download the software from the Siemens web site for evaluation - it comes with a 21 day trial licence. Edited by Moggie

Hello everyone,

Am currently using step7 TIA PORTAL V11 which connected to Schneider proface HMI. Will it be possible to replace the proface with WinCC SCADA?

regards

Dan.