Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daryl

Locking SCADA PC to Application Only

3 posts in this topic

Folks, I'm looking for a free or cheap product that when running, will deny a plant operator any access to any part of the SCADA PC except the project file that is running. The two systems I'm using are both Windows XP, one is running FactoryTalk View and the other is running Wonderware InTouch. I'm concerned that someone logging in as a basic user to the SCADA system can still do other PC related tasks and wish to deny them this privilege. I have a third system running a program called DeskLock 2000, which I think might be from Rockwell, but I don't have an original disk and I don't know if it'd run on the Wonderware system. Also, not being able to shutdown or logout would be required. Any ideas or help with Desklock would be much appreciated. thanks Edited by Daryl

DeskLock went back to the Windows NT days, and RA has updated it a couple of times to support Windows 2000 and Windows XP. I don't really have an appetite for messing with it, though. As far as I have found it's not available as a separate download outside of RSView32, thought I have found some Knowledgebase documents suggesting it's delivered with FactoryTalk View SE. On your FactoryTalk View computer, do you have it in the Rockwell Software -> FactoryTalk Tools start menu ?

We use a program called SureLock on our Symbol handheld computers (which run wince). It looks like they have a version that runs on Windows 7, but I didn't check to see if they have one that will work on XP. Greg