Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bering C Sparky

Possible Job Opening for the RIGHT Person

2 posts in this topic

Are you a good Industrial Electrician? Are you adventurous? Would you like to only work 5 or 6 months a year and have 6 or 7 months off to enjoy your life, but still make good money? Do you get sea sick? If you answered YES to all but the last question we may have a spot for you!!! I am looking for a very good electrician to take care of my ship when I am off. You would need to be able to work for as much as 2 months at a time 12 hour days, 7 days a week. Then have 2+ months off before returning for another rotation. PLC knowledge is a PLUS even at a basic level, BUT you must have excellent industrial electrical and trouble shooting skills. Duties would include everything from: Keeping a full food production factory up and running and maintained. Keeping a full fishmeal factory up and running and maintained. Power generation and electrical for main engines, propulsion, water makers, boiler, ship system alarms and fire alarm. Electrical for Deck Hydraulics, winches and cranes. Laundry equipment Galley (cooking equipment) and refrigeration equipment. General lighting and convince outlet electrical. MUST HAVE A GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF INDUSTRIAL/MARINE CONTROL AND HIGH VOLTAGE POWER DISTRIBUTION INCLUDING WYE-DELTA STARTERS AND VFD's Well you get the idea, picture a 340 foot long 8 story high fishing vessel and you will need to take care of everything from bow to stern & bilge to bridge by yourself. Must have valid US passport, no criminal convictions and be able to pass a DOT DRUG TEST. Job is very demanding both mentally and physically but once you get established is very rewarding. Must be physically fit and able to do a lot of walking up and down stairs. 12 hour shifts every day but will be on call 24 hours if something happens and you are needed. If you fit this description and think you might be interested post me back and let’s talk. Thanks for looking. (And no this is not an April fool’s Joke although to some it may sound that way) BCS Edited by Bering C Sparky

Before anyone else points it out I do see that I spelled Electrician wrong in the topic tittle. Did not see how to edit the topic tittle. You will not be required to have good spelling ability to qualify for the job. Lucky for me!!! BCS