Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gromit

Two RSLogix5000 questions

3 posts in this topic

1:Forcing We are testing/commissioning a new RSLogix5000 program today, and it appears that we are unable to force points. I can enable forces, but am unable to apply a force. . . If I right click on the element or point, the "Force On" and Force Off" options are grayed out. The PLC is in REM RUN mode. 2:Revision Note Prompting How do you set up the RSLogix5000 to prompt for a revision note every time that the program is saved, as in RSLogix500 and RSLogix5? Thanks.

Keep in mind that you can ONLY force physical I/O not Binary or other data bits. RS5000 does not have Revision notes, however you can edit the Properties of your saved file through the "Summary" tab. Type what you wish into the comments section, and this will be visible If your mouse "hovers" over the file during file selection, or windows explorer.

Thanks tip2112. I understood the forces to be confined to the inputs and outputs only. However, I was incorrectly assuming the point was an output because of its alias designation. Sooo, the force issue was indeed caused because I was not set up on a input or output...THANKS. Regarding revision notes, I was/am unable to find the "Summary" tab from which you speak. Thanks