Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yevgeny

Connecting FX3U PLC with PC

15 posts in this topic

Hello! I have a task to connect PLC FX3U with PC. I'm going to use MX OPC on PC. I have to HMI panels E700 connected to PLC. One is connected via programming port and the other is connected via FX3U-422-BD (it's almost the same as a programming port). Can you help me to decide what mean should I use to make the connection to PC? It would be great if I can not only use MX OPC to get data from PLC but also I could work with PLC in GX Developer! Thank you in advance!

To have both HMI's, OPC and computer, you need one more interface (use option 1 or option 2): 1. Purchase an ADP module (e.g. RS232 or RS485) 2. Purchase an ENET module to get Ethernet connection (I would recommend this - then you can connect both OPC and computers to the PLC at the same time...)
1 person likes this

Thank you! I also think it's better to use Ethernet connection in this case. What do you think is better? FX3U-ENET-ADP or FX3U-ENET?

I haven't used the ADP module, but most likely I would take the cheapest one if you're not going to write a custom protocol in the PLC for Ethernet... Since you're only going to connect GX Developer and OPC, I think you are safe with the cheapest of the two...
1 person likes this

Just be careful Mx-opc does not talk to fx3u-enet-adp

If it's so, I cant't use it. Did you try that fx3u-enet-adp yourself?

At the Russian forum, where you published the question early, has proposed to you to connect HMIs in serial and to link their with each other as master/slave or client/server. Then you'd get one free port for connection with PC. MAC E700 are able to support such mode, so I consider that this advice is better way than other.
1 person likes this

everything will work.
1 person likes this

Hello everybody! I've tried to set up connection with Ethernet module in my GXDeveloper software and in MX OPC Server. The version of GX Developer is 8.72A and MX OPC Server is 5.02. I don't understand how can I connect GX Developer via Ethernet. In Transfer setup dialogue I have only Serial/USB available (see attachement). And I can set up a connection in MX OPC Server. But only FX-ENET setting is possible for FX3U-PLC. When I try FX-ENET-ADP it has no FX3U PLC available to connect to. Can you tell what I'm doing wrong? May be versions of software are old? I want to use Ethernet connection in this case. But I need to have a GX Developer connection from this PC.

Thank you for your advice. I even made such a connection several years ago. But now I want to connect PC via Ethernet. One of the reason is that if one MAC E700 is damaged they can work on the other. But if I make one MAC a master device and it is damaged, the other one will not work without some reconfiguration. The only question is if it's possible or not to use Ethernet connection to work with FX3U (OPC and GX Developer).

I think (i don't remember which version) that your version of GX Developer is too old. When it comes to MX OPC, you need the version that supports FX3U-ENET-ADP (will show up in the transfer setup wizard in MX OPC). Try checking with your local Mitsu dealer which versions you need, I don't remember...
1 person likes this

Hi all, I connected to FX3U-64M with SC09 via RS232 USB-to Serial Adapter(MOXA) While I am trying to ``read from plc`` there is an error appears on the screen.It says: Cannot communicate with the PLC. Execute again after checking the connections with the PLC.

Don't cross post your question onto several older topics. Ask once and wait for an answer.