Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparkotronic

MOXA Turbo Ring Problems

1 post in this topic

Hi, I'm working on an installation where the manager asked me to have a look at a comms problem on his Ethernet network. He has 24 MOXA EDS-408AMM-ST switches configured in a turbo ring. Image1 When I ran the ring diagnosis software it showed the ring, but only 15 switches were visible. This was done while connected to the master switch. Image 2 The master switch was also showing the fault light. When I tried to pinging all the switches on the ring, the only ones I could see where the 15 switches shown on Image 1. I then connected to on of the missing switches and tried to ping all switches. I could only see the 9 missing switches while connected to this switch. The 9 missing switches sat in the middle of the Blocked and learning ports of the switches shown . I then looked at the switch 192.168.31.146 this switch showed both P7 and P8 in forwarding mode. This couldn't explain why 192.168.31.146 switch was in learning mode as the manual says that a learning port usually opposes a blocked port. To rectify the error, I had to remove all the copper (RJ45) plugs form the switch with both ports showing Forwarding and then cycle the power to it. Once the switch had rebooted, the ring returned to normal and the fault light went off on the master switch. Do you have any idea how this could be caused? My client is worried about a re-occurrence and I can't find any errors with any of the switches. Up to this point, the system had been running for about 6 months with no issues Also, has anyone had any issues with the Ring Diagnosis software? It no longer works, when I try to run it I collecting information goes to 10% and then I get an error window which says "Now Support Turbo Ring V1 Only!!" I have tried 4 different laptops on the network and each has the same result. The electrician on the installation tells me that he has never been able to conect the ring diagnosis software. I'm using version 2.2 on a Windows 7 64 bit laptop. Thanks in advance for your help,