Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shiner

Factory Talk Machine Edition

4 posts in this topic

I am running an app on a PC that has 2 monitors. I am having difficulty pushing the runtime over to the secondary screen and am looking for help on it. Is there something in the registry file that will allow this to run on the second screen? The AB tech support group said that they "do not have any approved recommendations in that regard" which sounded a lot like it is possible to do, just not something they have endorsed. Details: 2 monitors at 1600x1200 resolution I have already tried setting the window location X and Y points with no success, whatever gets 'pushed' off screen simply disappears. I am certain I was moving in the correct direction because I opened another window and had it split on the 2 monitors. Thanks for any advice.

No ideas huh? I know there is someone out there who has done this, I'll just keep fishing. If I ever stumble across it I will post here for the next guy.....

That is standard talk, meaning "We haven't got a clue how to do this, or even if it is possible. No-one has asked for it before, and we won't escalate it to the developers for one customer". I agree with you, it ought to be possible, but unless there's a market demand for it, don't hold your breath for a solution from RA. If it doesn't say it is possible in the spec., then it joins the list of "wants". They have to get a lot of "wants" before they act on it, and then they will probably charge more for the version that supports it. Most likely they never even thought that anyone would want it.

My advice is to swap your monitors physically.