Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AC DC

Change IP address in NS

6 posts in this topic

Is it possible to change the IP address of the NS in a screen. If a machine leaves the factory, we put in a IP address etc., but if the customer wants to change it to an other address, then I don't want the customer to go into the system menu. Is there a way to change the IP address and subnet mask in a normal screen?

Yes there is. See the manual regarding the System Menu, specifically the COMM. Tab. You not only need to change the IP address of the HMI, but you might have to change the Ethernet Host if the PLC IP Address changes. It can also be done from the COMM tab (button is in bottom left corner). One more hint: To get to the System Menu, touch any two corners of the HMI from any of your programmed screens.

I don't want a customer to go there, because they can change other settings also. I even blocked the system menu! ( it happend a few times). The NS is connected to the PLC with NT link, all the addresses are serial connected. The ethernet connection is only used for the web server function. Edited by AC DC

I think it's not possible from runtime, I first thought there are system memory variables for IP address but there aren't (NQ has that). So, if there is a way that would be the news for me. maybe the best way for you is to put ns and plc behind a router, and then never change the plc and ns ip addresses, only the router settings. Edited by tashinz

Only the NS is connected to ethernet for use of the web interface. I also had hoped for hidden variables that i could change.