Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IAFRANCO

The best virtualization software?

9 posts in this topic

In WINDOWS 8 I need to install a virtual machine with Windows 7. I need to run RSVIEW32. Comms by ethernet. Wich is the best software? Thanks!

I don't know which one you would say is the best but I personally like Virtual box.

I rely on VMWare Workstation on my Windows computers, and VMWare ESXi on servers. RA has been running and testing their software on VMWare for many years. All RA training is done on VMWare and most RA field service is done on VMWare.

At work default is VMware but we also use VirtualBox. both are very good products and have done everything I asked so it boils down on personal preference or taste. personally I like VirtualBox better but that's me...

Thank´s all for your help. Someone told me that vmware has problems whit ethernet comms, it´s that true?

given overwhelming presence of VMware as virtualization platform of choice in every corner of industrial work, it is safe to say that this someone was wrong. comms are handled differently by different VMs but: a) all of them handle Ethernet with ease (VMware, VirtualBox, MS Virtual PC...) b) setup may look different/complicated/confusing specially in product with more features

I tried both virtualbox and VMware and I definitivly recommend VMware. Virtualbox have few issue with serial port.

VMWare hands down. Most common form of virtualization. Easy to use. Have not had any issue with Ethernet comms on any of my 10+ VMs.