Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Rslogix 500 5.20.00 Bug?

3 posts in this topic

Anyone else notice this? I've have my program saved on the hard disk, and then I'll go offline to make some changes. Once I get my changes done, I forget to download the next time I connect to the PLC, but I hit the "Online" button. RsLogix 500 ver 5.20.00 did not detect that my offline version was different than my online version in my PLC and it let me go "online". Ofcourse my offline changes are not viewable....but here is the KICKER.....once online, if you disconnect, RS Logix 500 asks you do you want to save and upload data tables. I did this, and ofcourse all my offline changes I just made previous to going online had been lost because the now online copy in the PLC will over write the offline copy on my hard drive. Lucky for me I had a backup copy. I don't remember this happening in the past verions, I was always warned if the online copy did not match the offline copy. Is this a feature I need to enable now in version 5.20.00 or is this a bug or what? I've been able to recreate this problem three times in a row as described above. Let me know your feeback. Hardware specs: SLC 5/03 Windows 2000 Pro SP1 (dell) Rslogix 500 ver 5.20 RsLinx 2.30.02 build 79

I'm afraid that I can't be of much help, but I have noticed that the program does not alert you to code differences anymore and I have been wondering what was up with that.

I've noticed same problem. worked on one program version, saved it and went offline. saved as new version (still in same directory) and added some changes. after pressing "Online" button, previous version (which matched PLC version) was used to go online without warning about version differences and even worse title bar was still displaying the name of NEW version. Is this what happens when company 'closely' cooperates with Microsoft?