Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stuart_Wales

FX1S Help?

12 posts in this topic

Has anyone got experience of editing software on FX1S PLC's? See attached picture, but I have a HMI selection giving me a D50 value of 1 or 2, then M coils set from that. My '= logic' seems to be live, but nothing on the m-coil. Is there like a write protect function on these? I've tried various attempts to get an output signal on the m-coil (used a start button, replaced the m-coil for a counter etc) and still havent been able to get any signal to switch. I'm predominantly a q-series user, so im hoping it'll be a simple mistake. Quickly putting this on before trawling through manuals. Thanks in advance.

Are you using this in a subroutine, or in the main program (you have a RET instruction in the end). It doesn't look like your logic is working since M15 doesn't come on even if the Dataregister = 1. Could you post more of your program?
1 person likes this

MAIN program and the RET was in the original program that im editing. What's the difference between RET and END? I can post more of the program, i'll upload it after a meeting. The two lines in view are the additions i've added for a product selection (either/or) Thanks for the reply.

RET = Return (from sub) END = End (Main program) Try moving it to the main program instead of a subroutine, or simply replace the RET with an END
1 person likes this

There's only a 'MAIN' program. Could the subroutine be within that? Or are you talking about another page of logic? Thanks.

Yes, a subroutine can be called from the MAIN program. Most likely somewhere inside it there is a CALL or similar to the subroutine. My guess is that when you are monitoring now, the subroutine is not being called (hence not running) so the logic wont work. Try to find the END instruction and insert your new logic just before the END instruction.
1 person likes this

That sounds plausable. I'll have a look and report back. Thanks.

The RET in this case is to signify the end of STL code. You will see the instruction top right SET S40 - this tells me this is part of a sequence program. Mitsubishi use their own version of state programming (called STL) It starts at stage 1 - say S20 with the line ------------------STL S20 some code ---some code ---[sET S30] ------------------[sTL S30] until RET Only one stage (or step) is active and scanned (you can actually have more than one active but not usually) So you cannot make your code active if that step is not active. Look down the different S coils and the one that is blue is the one that is active.