Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
weasle

AB RSL5000

5 posts in this topic

I have a question about RSL 5000 in RSL 500 there is a data table to see used input and outputs is there a way to do this in 5000? I am looking for spare inputs and outputs what is the easy way to do this

Yeah, I miss the register tables in 500. When I started using 5000 I missed it but soon adapted to it's loss. I don't know of anything similar in 5000, hopefully somebody smarter will chime in. My final test for available I/O is to go look at the terminal strips. In your case with all the obsolete stuff that's not a clear answer.... BTW, welcome to MrPLC!

In the project tree you should be able to see the configured IO structure. Then open the Controller Tags database. Scroll down to tags looking for something like Local:Slot#:I.Data for Input Modules or Local:Slot#:O.Data for Output Modules. Highlighting this, right click and select cross-reference

The Logix platform of processors do not use data tables as you are used to. They are tag-based. This can be very confusing if you are just moving into the platform, but it's not all that complicated. If you had an input module in SLOT 1 of your SLC rack, you would be looking at I:1 for your inputs on that card. In Control/Compact Logix, an input module in SLOT 1 has its input addresses located at Local:1:I.Data (viewable in the Controller Tags). For a 16 point input card, you would have addresses Local:1:I.Data.00 - Local:1:I.Data.15. If you want to check the "Usage" of these I/O points, you will either right click on Local:1:I.Data and choose cross-reference or press CTRL-E. This will show you the I/O points currently being used in the program. Edited by phuz

Now that's a good trick I didn't know! Thanx Phuz, I'll try that on Tuesday )