Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
t1999

REView ME demo

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where can I get FT View ME demo version? I have not used AB software for a couple of years, recently I get an interview and was told I will take a AB programming exam during the interview. I have downloaded RSLogix 5000 demo. I also found RSview 32 demo, but I don't know the difference between ME and 32, however I feel ME maybe the most helpful to the interview. Thanks! Edited by t1999

There is no demo version of FactoryTalk View Studio ME, which is what you generally use to program PanelView Plus operator interface terminals. If you get a copy of the installation DVD from your local RA distributor, it will install and run for 7 days as a "grace period" license. The ability to get that DVD from your distributor depends on your charm; it's not something they typically give out because of the risk of software piracy.

Another option is to call you local distributor (listed on AB.com) and ask for a 30 day temporary activation. This is totally free and they will email you a link to download the software and the activation file. They should be more than happy to do it, but if not drop me a message. I would also highly recommend you watch all the free RSLogix 5000 videos and ViewStudio / ViewME videos on AB.com (imho the trickiest thing with ViewME for new users is creating a shortcut in RSLinx Enterprise) Hope this helps!