Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phuz

Emulate 5000 only allowing v20 and v21

4 posts in this topic

I installed Emulator that is supposed to have v12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21, but when I go to create a processor, it only allows 20 or 21. Is this a 64-bit OS issue or another problem? Of course I can uninstall this version and install the version for v17, but then I have to uninstall that when I need to test something in v20 again.

I ran into this too. On my Win7 64bit when I install Emulate V20 I only get v20, when I install v21 I only get v20 & v21. However, when I installed Emulate v20 on Windows XP 32bit I got v12-20 (in any slot other than 0)

It turns out it is a 64-bit issue. Can only use 20/21. Very unfortunate for many of us. I've actually set the emulator to run in the 32-bit VM and then used RSLinx Gateway to tunnel from the host to the VM session to access the emulator. It's hokey, but it worked. I have quite a bit of Rockwell software on my host machine and the archaic stuff (Panelbuilder32, 1400e, RSView, etc.) on a Rockwell VM, but because of this particular issue and the fact that RSLinx does not support as many divers in 64-bit Windows, I am seriously considering moving everything Rockwell related to it's own VM and cleaning out the host. My biggest issue and time-taker is opening old FactroyTalk APA files and having to convert just to be able to open it on the 64 bit host. Edited by phuz

I hear you. I been running everything on VM's for a few years now. The ability to take a snapshot before installing new software is vital especially if the new software breaks something you can just roll back. And every time I get a new laptop I just copy my VM's over to the new system (overnight) avoiding hours of installation time. Plus, it allows running multiple versions of products and I have an XP vm's for ViewME 4,5,6, and 7. Good luck!