Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BJR

Prog.E LED flashing

11 posts in this topic

I have a FX2N that was programmed with IEC developer. I have actually made some changes in this program over the last few years and feel familiar with it even though it's not the brand I use most of my career. I am stumped where this error is trying to point me to though. I took a working program and added in 3 global variables and put in a few new networks and modified a few more. When I rebuild it I don't get any errors and any warnings are all the previous warnings I got in the original program that works. When the download is done and it asks me if I want to go back to RUN mode it will not go, it just sits there flashing the PROG.E LED. I have also tried forcing the toggle switch STOP then RUN. The manual says if you have no problems with the BATT LED that the PROG.E LED indicates a programming problem. Well, I believe that but what is it? The only thing I can find helpful in the pull down menus is Debug>PLC Diagnostics. This window shows the following information in columns like below number | detail | error message | error step 1 | 6612 | Ladder Error | 2163 Beyond that, I am guessing because the manual on the software is not specific enough that I can find. So what does the above error mean? I know there is a problem in a network but which one? I did find in Debug>Show Step I can type in a step to go to. When I type in 2163 it takes me to a network that I did not modify and happens to be in a POU I did not modify. So I don't know if I am interpreting the error message correctly. I have no idea what I did wrong since it compiled with no errors and I do have some positive experience with Mitsh. over the last few years. Any idea how I can get it to point out my error????? I'll attach file, screenshots, whatever later if anyone can help. Edited by BJR

lay out program listing

I guess you are writing your program in ladder or function block. You can find that "error step" by "right click" in the editing window and select "Show Melsec Code of networks". The program will then show the "instruction list code" row by row, and you will be able to see what's wrong, or at least where the error is. Edit: This is what the help text displays regarding your error (you'll probably already seen it). Error code list[Error code 6612] Applicable Machine FX series PLC ===================================================================================== Error code(D8066) 6612 Error messages CIRCUIT ERROR Step Number of error D8069 LED status(RUN) OFF LED status(PROG.E) Flash PLC ACT STATUS STOP Diagnosis timing When program is changed(STOP). When program is transferred(STOP). Power is turned ON. Initial STOP to RUN setting after Power ON. Error contents and causes Number of LD/LDI instructions is more than ANB/ORB instructions. Managing method A CIRCUIT ERROR occurs if a combination of instruction is incorrect or badly specified. Select programming mode and correct the identified ERROR. Edited by Bryll

After looking around on my own and right clicking on "Show Melsec Code of networks" I find myself at the same network that I was at when I used Debug>Show Step and typed in 2163. I am on a network I never changed. So is it possible that this is just telling me where the program stopped scanning when it faulted or is it trying to tell me exactly where the error is? I will keep looking at it until I get it Thanks for the details on the error interface.

I decided to attach the network that contains step 2163. I am not sure why I am looking at this network because this network has been like this for 10 years! Maybe you will notice something though. I am also working on taking my changes out one by one but am not getting much help there either. I'll let you know if I find it... Edited by BJR

I grew tired of systematically trying to eliminate my changes and simply took the complete program I created and took out the network I posted above. It RUNs! So the only thing I can think of is if that network was always in there running, and all of my changes run without that network - then maybe I messed up the Global Variable declarations somehow? And one of them conflicted with this network then? I'm going to start looking at that since I don't know what else it can be!

I made som changes to your network, you might already have tested them yourself. What version of GX IEC Dev. are you using? Try "Ctrl - Shift - M" when you are in editing mode, to switch between "Identifier, MIT address, and IEC address". Makes it easier to see what addresses you are using, you don't have to scroll up and down in the global variable list.

I suspect that while GX IEC accepts the SR instruction and compiles okay the FX2N does not recognise this Instruction. Only speaking from experience with an FX3U80MR and GXWorks 1.87 Compiled okay but on download to PLC I had the same errors. Removind and reprograming the Blocks fixed. As you will observe Bryll uses separate Set and RST Instructions. Well Done! I am only speaking from experience as when I had the Error there was no real indication of the problem. I have used the SR Instruction in GX Dev IEC with a FX3U No Problem. Cetronic

This is my guess: For some strange reason, sometimes GX IEC (it looks like you're using GX IEC) can't manage to insert enough LD instructions when programming large networks. That's why you get the "strange" error. So this program probably worked perfectly when running the original version, then when you added or altered some code it started to mess up (the compiler). This is actually not a program error, more like a compiler error and since the compiler thinks it's missing LD instructions the error step will show some "strange" place where there is actually no error at all. My experience is that dividing networks into smaller ones (like Bryll suggests) will help. That's because when you divide into a new network, more LD instructions will be added by the compiler. This problem is still in the last version of GX IEC (7.04) so upgrading won't help. I would just recommend to divide the problem network into several smaller networks with temporary status bits from each network into a new AND instruction in the last network like Bryll showed you. Try that first since the network has no errors, and the error code you are receiving supports my thoughts, hence I'm pretty sure you have the problem I have described above. Let us know how it works out.

Starting with Bryll's last network suggestion and the advice from others that follow I was putting that together with Bryll's earlier explanation of what error 6612 was referencing about number of LD commands, etc. and was figuring that redoing the network as he suggests would help. I just haven't found the time yet this week to do it. Thank you all for the advice and I will let you know what I end up doing. Thanks! I am also glad to see that others have had similar "strange" problems with parts of the program that were fine until you made other changes. Sometimes things just don't work out the way they are supposed to! I just can't remember any examples where this has happened to me. A lot of times when you can't find an explanation you still have done something wrong and have to find it. Have to go fix machines that are not working before I play with this upgrade again though.... Edited by BJR

I have done what is shown in post #7 and it is working. At least at my desk spare PLC. I suspect the machine PLC will behave the same. The only thing I can add to this example of a "strange" situation is that one of my copies became corrupted when it was open and I went back to the copy on my server. It was originally written in 5.0 and had been working with it in the last couple of years in 7.03. I don't think that it was the original cause but may have added to it since this is an unusual example. I first split into two networks, one Set and one RST. Then the RST network faulted. When I combined the AND gates all together it finally ran. Thank you all for your help! I would still be scratching my head since I didn't add anything that was incorrect and it all worked before that. I'll expect more trouble like this in the future and just use the PLC Diagnostics window to pinpoint the network and try and change things until it works. Very strange...