Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phuz

Good Safety Shoes

5 posts in this topic

I quite often am found in plants that require some type of safety shoe (steel toe) and always dreaded wearing my steel toe boots. I was looking for something more comfortable that would still meet the criteria. I came across these Timberland Pro Mudsill Low safety shoes. They arrived yesterday and I already cannot wait until my next plant visit. They feel like any other sneaker, except they are front heavy. :) Just thought I would share in case others are in the same boat. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XEZ79W/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_M3T1_ST1_dp_1 Edited by phuz

They look like they would carry around some nasty chunks of mud, but they might be candidates for my next pair. I've always worn Red Wing steel-toes: heavy, plain, leather.

I would agree that they probably would. Luckily I don't get in too many areas that have that kind of terrain. I considered the Red Wings, but ended up with these. I'll report back after a few weeks of use.

I wear some made in Oz that you would not be able to get there. They are slip ons and have carbon fibre toes instead of steel - ruddy expensive! so comfortable it is not funny and much harder soles than those - do not pick up too much mud onsite - unless it rains!