Veganic

GOT and VNC

12 posts in this topic

Hello all, Has anyone managed to get a VNC client to connect to the VNC server on a GT panel? In my case a GT14... I'm using tight VNC as the viewer. The client seems to be connecting but not showing a screen. If I disconnect the ethernet cable I get a warning that the vnc connection has gracefully closed - so something is definitely connected. This set-up works with the E1000 series.

yes.there everything is simple.

In E1000 everything is simple. GT14.. not so much. ------------------------------------- I've now tried UltraVNC as this is mentioned in one of the Mitsubishi manuals but I just get " connection failed". As far as I can see the settings are as recommended in the manual. Where do I start trouble-shooting this? I have a GT14.. connected to my LAN. I have a FX3 connected to the RS422 port. I can ping / download / monitor over ethernet. I'm not sure what to try next?

I think you will understand

Did you install the license number on the GOT? It works perfectly here with UltraVNC.

I think I understand now.

Does anybody have a demo license I can use for this with a GT16? I just need to run 2-3 tests that it's working and after I can get approval to buy the license.

At the moment I have set up the project, uploaded it, have ping from the GOT but I get Connecting....from VNCviewer and this the only thing I am missing.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Andrei,

The VNC license cost in the Netherlands is only € 24,- euro so not much of a risk. It works not on all GOT terminals. Check before you buy a GOT terminal if it is suitable for using VNC remote acces.

Example: I bought a GOT2308, it did not work with VNC so I had to buy a GOT2508 instead and that works perfect within the company network (LAN). For acces trough the internet we are using lately the routers from IXON which has a built in VNC server as well. This is a good combination. Remote acces trough your smartphone or tablet is possible this way. The IXON router is a little expensive, around € 500,- euro but worth every euro if your customer has a problem at te other end of the world and you can acces the terminal or PLC from your home or office.

Best regards,

Theo V.

Theo I'm trying to conect to the IQ_F by SLMP, but that is not working until now. However via Modbus TCP is does.

Did you manage to connect the Ixon to the IQ-F?

Unfortunately a licence is what is needed, the cost of the licence is negligible but it is the principle! Also beware of the GOT HMI's as you do not get all the startup functionality that we all got very used to on the Beijer HMIs. I remember the first most basic 1041 B&W touchscreen HMI I bought it could do everything including sending alarms to email addresses, not so with the GOT. Quite dissapointing and after installing 2 of the GOT I am going back to the Beijer product.

Hi. So, who knows where can I take lic for vnc sever in Got 1000 ?

3 hours ago, eziccc said:

can I take lic

Do you mean for free?  We don't allow such things here.

Contact Mitsubishi or their distributor in your area and PAY them for a license.