Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elyas_gh

What is the syntax of the IP address in a READ_VAR or WRITE_VAR block in premium plc?

4 posts in this topic

Hi What is the syntax of the IP address in a READ_VAR or WRITE_VAR block in premium plc with ETY110ws? I use Modbus tcp ip for communication plc premium plc and seimens plc 300 with cp 343-1.

Hi, The IP is not to be set in the instruction but in the hardware configuration, the READ/WRITE_VAR takes the node address for argument. In the hardware config, you should configure an IP adress corresponding to a node, then the ETY will do the job regarding the IP. if your distant plc has the node address net.station then the instruction syntaxe should be : READ_VAR(ADR#0.net.station,'dataType',srcAdress,sizeOfArray,dstAdress:size,statusArray); Say I read distant %MW1000 to %MW 1010 and store it in local %MW1000 from the PLC modbus {1.17}: READ_VAR(ADR#0.1.17,'%MW',1000,11,%MW1000:11,%MW4000:4); Hope it helps... Edited by drx

Thank you What is the order of {net.station} at Siemens plc? You can use the IP to address?

hi, Well, I never had to configure télémeca-siemens com but my guess is that it is the same thing on the other side, you should set it in the HW config in Simatic or wathever the soft you use. Might even be physical like dip switches or rotary selector on he card. I assume the ordrer is the same for every brand. The zero in 0.net.station should be your card index as you can have more than one card on the rack. You might have to check the data endianness. If my memory's good, premium are small endian while S300 are big endian.