Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
udhaya

Firmware updates for control logix

6 posts in this topic

Hi friends, I'm using control logix l61b controller and logix designer software v21, i am unable to use logix desiner for this lower version controller, it's asking the v20 firmware updates. please share...

This is a normal functionality issue. In general, RSLogix 5000 (v2 through v20) and Studio 5000 (v21 +) software require installation of the specific software version to support each specific major firmware revision of the ControlLogix family controllers. Since you have a 1756-L61 controller with v20 firmware, you need to install RSLogix 5000 version 20. The 1756-L61 controller cannot be upgraded to v21 firmware. The only 1756-series controllers that support v21 and higher firmware are the 1756-L7x controllers. All earlier versions of RSLogix 5000 software are available from Rockwell Automation Technical Support to new users, and to users with a TechConnect support contract. They are no longer included on the DVD because of the size of the software.

In future, if you need firmware...On this page are links for firmware upgrade for different types of PLCs (SIEMENS, ABB, Schneider, RA....)... EDITED: Link removed by Chris Elston Edited by Chris Elston
I edited your post.

I very, very, VERY strongly recommend against downloading controller firmware from anyone but the manufacturer. Edited by Chris Elston
Quote Link Edited by Chris Elston

This is just link bait to draw traffic to the site which then redirects you to the proper site.