Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RobertL

SLC 5/04 communication problem

8 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, I'm having problems trying to communicate with a SLC 5/04 processor. I need to upload the existing program, then download it into a new SLC 5/04 processor. I'm using a 9300-USBS serial converter, and a AB 1747-CP3 9-pin cable. On RSLinx, I'm using RS32-DF1 protocol, SLC-CHo/Micro/PanelView, and Baud Rate 19200. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Does RSLinx see the PLC? Can you connect to the PLC? Is it asking for a password? Is it giving a specific error? (like unable to connect without a copy of the program on the PC)

RSLinx is not seeing the PLC. I'm getting the following error mesage " Unable to connect to the PLC, check cable connection"

Can anybody help me on this please?

Its possible that the serial port on your SLC5/04 is not configured for DF1 protocol. It can be configured for DF1, DH485, ASCII, or Modbus on newer units. Was/is there anything connected to the serial port? If its DH485 then you are going to need a USB to DH485 converter 1747-UIC. You can connect to the DH+ port with a 1784-U2DHP ( USB to DH+ converter) very $ though. Make sure you use the correct comm port that your USB to serial adapter is using, you may need to check under "Device Manager" to see. A very common mistake. Most USB adapters are going to take comm port 3 and up. Edited by Mickey

There was a Parker HMI connected to the RS-232 port. I tried both DF1with a 9300-USBS serial converter, and a 1747-UIC interface converter with no luck. In boht cases I check the port with the "Device Manager". I don,t know what else to do, I'm getting frustrated. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

What should be the Baud Rate when using a USB to DH485 1747-UCI converter?

It only operates at 19200 kb. See manual below for how to use it. Can you check to see what protocol the HMI is using? ( baud rate, error checking, etc...) Complete catalog number of your HMI? 1747UICmanual.pdf Edited by Mickey