Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rswolff

GE 90-30 CPU 360

4 posts in this topic

ok.....customer has a GE 90-30 CPU 360........we can't communicate to processor using the programming port in the Power Supply. Power Supply was swapped with a known working unit and did not resolve problem. CPU was placed into a rack/power supply that was known to be working and that did not resolve problem. We are fairly convinced its a processor problem. Trouble is, customer does not have copy of program. Original mfg no longer in business. There is a Coprocessor in the rack being used to communicate to an HMI. Processor and HMI are currently communicating, processor is in run mode. (there is another issue we were trying to resolve). Is there an alternative method for extracting the application program? thanks, bob

Try using the coprocessor module. There are limitations on what can be sent from the PC to the PLC but I believe you can pull everything from the PLC to the PC. If the coprocessor module is communicating with the HMI using SNP protocol, you can unplug the HMI and use the port on the CMM module. The default configuration of both serial ports on the CMM module is for SNP protocol, but I don't know for sure if both ports are enabled. If the HMI is using some protocol other than SNP, there is a chance you might get lucky and be able to use the second CMM port. If the HMI communications uses the splitter cable that comes with the CMM module, connecting to the second port is straightforward. If not, you'll have to make a custom cable.

there is a COPRO and I did try to connect using the serial port. I believe its a standard configuration on the RS232 pins? I might try a different baud rate......next question......customer found an old floppy with a VersaPro program on it.......the hardware config file is corrupted on the disk however and I can't import into Proficy....I also can't locate my copy of VersaPro (been probably 10 yrs since I used it)......does someone either have a copy or has access to one where they could generate the file? I can supply the rack configuration. thanks, bob

Zip up the files that you have and post them, maybe someone can help. If you have an ftp site I may be able to send you a VersaPro 2.30 Demo.