Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gleblanc

Harmony XB5R

7 posts in this topic

Anybody looked at the Harmony XB5R from Schneider? They look slick, but how do they work? 25m range is pretty impressive as far as range goes, but I can't figure out how they're making it work without a battery.

Neat. My guess is that it's using RFID. That's the only wireless technology I know of that doesn't require a battery.

It has a "dynamo" built in the button. So when you push the button it generates the power needed to transmit. Pretty Clever

I wonder how it "feels" when you press it. Most piezoelectrics I know of "pop" when you press them like the ignitor on a gas grill. Anyone used one?

I did and didnt really notice anything different from normal pushbuttons. Might not have paid attention......as per usual

Zbrn1/2 modules for these buttons make it a very nice prospect. Up to 60 buttons per receiver. Zbrn1 2ethernet ports for daisy chaining. Zbrn2 modbus serial port. Gonna have to get my hands on it and use in next project. Now they just must continue teslas work and transmit 3ph power wirelessly

They are clever, I have one to test but so far I could READ coils (using Modbuc TCP).
Anyone with a successful connection, let me know, I would like to hire.

Regards