Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tsaii

Passwords in Vijeo Designer

4 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, I am learning to use Vijeo Designer Lite, and I'd like to know, if someone has any knowledge about this software, how do you use passwords to access such and such screen (pannel) ? I'm working with an operator console Telemecanique Magelis XBT R-410 Here's what I want to do : From a main screen called Menu, links to : -> Screen 2 -> Screen 3 * -> Screen 4 * Knowing that the screen 2 is accessible to anyone, but screens 3 and 4 mustn't be reachable without password. Currently, one solution I have found is to use a function key on the console (e.g. F12) to call the system screen where is located the password function. It works and it allows to set the password just one time, then continue to work with all the rights you need. But is there a way to ask for password only by pressing one of the links which lead to screen 3 or 4? Actually, I'd like to have this working : Press link to screen 3 (or 4) Set password Being redirected to the corresponding screen Do you have any idea....? Thanks for your answers.

Yes you can do this. You must setup users with their passwords Then create a button for the operator to login. Then on the button that goes to the page 3/4 under advanced select the security group that is allowed to access this page. Just remember that when the operator goes out of that page to logout the user. You can do this via time-out and scripting or on the button that exits page 3/4

Sparky, thanks a lot for your precise answer. Unfortunately, I'm using Vijeo Designer LITE and it appears that it's not so easy ! (I even wonder if it's possible.......)