Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimWilborne

SCADA software selection

5 posts in this topic

I'm almost afraid to ask, but with a broad question you usually get a variety of opinions... We are looking a selecting a SCADA software package for a variety of projects we have coming up. It would need to interface with AB Controllogix, SLCs, Micrologix, Mitsubish FX2Ns, Siemens S7-300, S7-400, and even an old S5, Red Lion G3s, and a variety of serial ASCII protocol devices that would probably have to be put up on Ethernet somehow. We would prefer that the clients be web based and data logging be done in MsSQL or MySQL. Also while most of them can be scale up to support huge systems, most of ours would be single client systems and we would like them to be able to run on a small touch panel PC. Recommendations? Thanks TW

I'm fairly sure that Wonderware can do everything that you are looking for. Seems I found have found all the drivers I have needed so far.

Thanks for the input.

I guess web based does not really bother me but my preference is Citect. It has standard interfaces to almost everything. I may change my mind as I have a job to do with Schneider Clear SCADA - not sure about interfaces to other brands though - after all it is Schneider!