Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest David

Please help?

11 posts in this topic

Hello all. Cany any one help? I have been trying to get the user manual for A1sJ71C24-R2(RS232 unit), ive had no luck on any Mitsubushi sites. I need to know if the unit can be used for programming the PLC instead of the RS422 on the CPU and what the comms settings are (Dip switches etc). I am using a laptop running Medoc 4.1 and I am unable to communicate with the plc. At the moment im only trying to read the program. Any help appreciated. Regards David

David, I think I have a complete Mitsubishi Communications Referenece Manual around somewhere. I'll look for it. An alternative, (instead of buying an SC-06 232 to 422 converter) would be to get a less expensive 232 to 422 converter from B+B Electronics (www.bb-elec.com) I'll let you know if I can find the manual

I went right to www.meau.com and picked downloads, in the product part number field I put A1SJ71 and found all the manuals you'll ever need. You can program the PLC through that port with GX-Dveloper, I'm not sure about Medoc as I don't use DOS software.

If you still need the manuals, try www.mitsubishi-automation.com and download the right manuals.It's about 22MB. With Melsec Medoc it is possible to communicate through a serial card. Make sure you set the communication parameters right in Medoc. In PLC transfer menu choose C24 as communication method. Under setup set the following items, baudrate 9600, word length 8, Parity None and 1 stopbit. On the module try the following settings: * Mode selector on 5. For the DIP switch settings: Switch 4 : ON Switch 5 : ON Switch 6 : OFF Switch 7 : ON Switch 8 : ON Switch 9 : OFF Switch 10 : OFF Switch 11 : OFF Switch 12 : ON For more information about these settings see the related manual. If you don't find the manual, you can contact me and I will send it to you. Succes.

Hi All, and thank you all. I Still have no luck, I have tired the recomended protocol and have had no luck with almost all servers exept one of the german servers were most of the manuals are in Dutch. Im learning plc programing and have the units mounted on a board for experimental purpose. I assume that the I/O modules are assigned to a particular I/O on the board, but im not sure what slots are what, I have tried various configurations of I/O modules and settings in Medoc but still have no luck with communication with the CPU. There is an error light on the CPU and when I try to read from the PLC the RD light on the Comms module flashes very dimly but with no communication with CPU. I still Need manuals if anyone can help me. I Need the following if possable: A1Scpu-S1(cpu) A1SX80(input module) A1SY80(output module) A1S62DA(D/A convertor) A1S64AD(A/D convertor) A1SJ71T21B(data link module) A1SJ71C24-R2(rs232 unit) If Nesasery then I will make a 232 to 422 convertor but id rather use what i have. Thanks once again David

David, why don't you register and let us know where you live? we might be able to offer better help. some people have reported difficulties when connecting to mitsubishi servers from certain parts of the world. if you provide email, someone could try to send them to you but be prepared for large attachments. Manuals in 20mb range are not rare although most of them are smaller. regards, ----edit----------- RD flashing sounds like port is READING some data. To have bidirectional connection you would have to see both RD and TX (read and transmit) go on.

I'm sorry, but all the manuals you are looking for are on the mitsubishi website at www.mitsubishi-automation.com. They are availale in english aswell in german. If you can't find a specific manual, drop me a email and i can send it to you. succes. For communciations through a A1SJ71C24 module with the CPU, it's possible, make sure you've got the right cable and the right settings.

David, I can send you all the required manuals, only i need your email address to send you a download link from our FTP server. The manuals are to big to send by email. So maby you can send me an email with your address. Frank

Frank, You can upload them too if you want here: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downloads&CODE=04 Stick them here: Downloads -> Mitsubishi -> Mitsubishi - Manuals, Tech Notes, Tutorials, AutoCad http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downl...&CODE=01&cat=20 We can handle pretty big uploads just be patient when it's uploading and do not leave the upload screen.

Hello all Thanks for everyones help, I shall await for some luck for the manuals, have a good read of them and see if I can sort a few things out. No doubt I shall have more queries sometime, but for now it's just time to wait and read. Dave.

MEDOC willalso program through the RS-232 port but there is some minor function loss, you can't force anything for instance.