Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
del1585

OPC data from Quickpanel

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone used an OPC server, other than a full Proficy ME load on a pc, to share Tags from a Quickpanel. I have a Quickpanel that is tied to several PLC's and a Historian server. We are adding some other equipment (Inficon RGA controled by their Fabguard controler)to pull samples from our process. (gas samples). The Fabguard uses OPC to accept data, the Quickpanel has all the data I need to send them. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I would recommend www.kepware.com Their stand alone OPC Driver is in part what many PLC/PAC/HMI manufactures use today as their embedded OPC driver, including GEIP. If you already have all the needed data in Historian you may be able to use SQL to transfer it to the Fabguard controller. Edited by RussB

Thanks, I think they are also using kepware as their client. not all of the data is in historian nor will it be. But I will keep it in mind.

Gelecek HMI Components can help you. I have seen a new HMI components company. All components are OPC Client too. .. I mean you can write read bind to OPC Item (PLC address) via these components. I integrated to Visual Studio easily that components and I did not write any code. That company made some videos about usage and demo version of components. You can try easily. Any way give you some screen of my project. www.geleceksoftware.com www.geleceksoftware.com