Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atchison

mV Input to Analog Card

7 posts in this topic

I have a strain gauge load cell (2 in fact) on a new station I'm putting together and they want the readings to be sent directly to the PLC, I assume I can get any general amplifier and convert it to a 0-10V signal and use a standard analog input module would be one option But is there any way I can wire the load cell directly into the PLC? Specifications are a 5v Supply to the sensor and a 1.5mV/V output signal - not sure if this would work at all? Looking to use either a 300 or 400 series PLC and would prefer a 16bit card? Thanks in advance!!

Hi I would imagine the separate amplifier route would be the simplest solution, however depending on what your requirements are, siemens do have a number of modules dedicated to weighing functions , which have provision for loadcells typically the Siwarex-U would be a good starting point.

The S7-1200 has dedicated weighing modules, maybe a place to look.

You must have a dedicated mofule when using load cells. You have it for S7-200 (7MH4930-0AA01), S7-1200 (7MH4960-2AA01), for S7-3000 etc....

Perfect, I'll look into the 1200 series modules! Edited by Atchison

Kinda a follow up question I need to take the force value and copy into a table every 100ms or so for about 10 seconds and then export the data to a sql server....how do I do this? I've never exported data or had to put it into a table before...?? Obviously I'm going to go with a 1200 at this point....TIA V11 is what I have.

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/69846238