Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dresi

Variable TOF/N Timer

2 posts in this topic

Hello! At first, I´m sorry for my english but i´ll do my best to be understandable :D I want to set up TOF and TON timers which times can be set by a variable which the customer can put into the mobilepanel. So for example the customer wants the delay to be 5 seconds. In the panel is a "Numerical Input". He now writes a 5 into that and the TOF/N-Timer will now do it´s work (be high for/after 5 seconds). Now the problem. I have no idea how to do that. I really hope you experts here can understand and help me. I have a FX3U-32MT/DSS CPU and I use GX Works2 with "Structured Ladder/FBD". The panel is GT1150HS-QLBD. Programm used is GT Designer3. EDIT: Already got it. Here´s my solution: "INT_TO_TIME" I put a 5 into the mobilepanel in D0. D0 goes to "_INT" from the "INT_TO_TIME" block. The output goes on "PT" from the TON/F Timer. Thats the solution. Edited by Dresi

You could also use the "TIMER_100_FB_M". This one is using an INT to set the delay time in units of 100mS, the value 300 is then 30 seconds. The inputs are: Coil - Your trigger signal for the timer to start. Preset - Your Integer with the delay value. ValueIn - Haven't used this myself, but I think you can specify a start value for the timer to start counting at. Just delete the input when trying the timer. Outputs are: ValueOut - The counter value of the timers delay time. Status - The output that goes high when the timer done its delay and the input still is high. There's also a 10mS timer you can use aswell, of course is it named "TIMER_10_FB_M" :)