Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
antht

Beijer Function Key Strip

6 posts in this topic

I am working on a project involving a number of E150 HMI's. I am really struggling to find a suitable material to print the function key labels on. The strip that comes with the HMI is the only material that won't crease when putting it in but it is clear. Ideally I want a material with a white background that allows the printed labels to be seen easily. I have tried photo paper and laminated strips of white paper but these both crease when inserting into the tiny slot on the HMI. Any ideas?

P-Touch labels on the clear strip have worked.

I've used a thick paper stock we print line cards on without problems, also used transparency material with no problems.

I have also printed on a transparency then cut it to shape with scissors. The trick is to cut the leading edge thinner than the body.

I am going to give transparencies a go. I am confident the material will be stiff enough but my only concern is the background colour. I may try putting correction fluid on the reverse of the transparency after I have printed on it. Thanks for the ideas

Sorted! Printed the labels onto normal paper. Cut the strips out 4mm x 120mm. Laminated them, cut them out 10mm x 135 mm. The trick to shove them into the tiny slot is to put the plastic strip you get free in the slot 0.5" and use this as a guide. This stops your label strip creasing as you push it through the slot. PERFECT.