Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcor

cx programmer printing, what am I doing wrong

8 posts in this topic

When I select to print a cx programmer file from the file - print menu, I select all, but it only prints out the ladder within a particular rung/block section. How do you select to print out the whole program at once. Thanks

Post a screen shot of what you are doing matey....

Take a look at the print utility help: OcxPrt.zip

jay i downloaded the help file, and followed instructions If more than one program exists in PLC and you want to print all programs at once or selected program only, move the cursor to "PLC"of "Project Workspace"in CX-Programmer and select [File | Print]. "Print Target" dialog shows. Check "Program" off, and you can print all programs of PLC. And if you want to print a selected program only, select a program in "Print Target Program"dialog. If more than one section exists in a program and you want to print all sections at once, move the cursor to "PLC" of "Project Workspace" in CX-Programmer and select [File | Print]. However, it allows you to print all sections at once only. This then printed all the sections of the program, but it treated each section as a different program. What I am trying to do is print all of the sections that you may see under the block manager as one continous file, which is how I print in syswin. I must be overlooking something simple. When it started printing, it came back and asked me for the printer to print to, with all highlighted, it then starts to print each section with the name, newplc1. after each section, i get the option to print to file newplc1, have to increment to newplc2,3,4 etc. in order to complete printing For some reason unable to attach a file for a screen shot, will try that later.

Thanks for assistance Went on break and read more of the help file. I got it to print the way that i needed, by going into the file-page setup - ladder print settings and changing to ladder view settings.

I have that same problem and i can't print to file either. It always makes several files, like file1.prn, file2.prn and so on..

Btw, currently using CX-prog. version 5.00 and CX-server ver 2.2

Guest_PrintProblem: Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com There is currently no way to print to file without generating multiple files. A file is generated for each program(task) and if the task has sections, each section produces a separate file. The current version of software is Version 6.0 and it is still this way. I hear they are addressing it in Version 7.0.