Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rdread

Pulse Rate Flow to Totalizer

5 posts in this topic

I have a flow meter that produces 0-150 pulses per minute that equals 0-1200 GPM. I don't need to display flow rate, but I do need flow totals. Can anyone help me with this code for Micrologix 1100 Ser. A. Thanks in advance for your input.

As always there are several ways depending on exactly what you want. Bring the input into a HSC. Use the HSC function and set the HPR to 150, then you can use an XIC addressed to HSC:0/HPR. Then use an ADD instruction and just add a 1 to a long word, then every time the XIC goes high the long word would increment by one. You could then reset this word by whatever period you want to know the total for (Min, Hour, Day, Month, Year etc., etc.) or just let it run to keep an ongoing totalizer and reset it after X amount of gallons. Just a suggestion tho

Dear rdread, you don't need any sophisticated logic, just think about it, you have one pulse every 8 gallons so you only have to count the pulses and multiply that number eight times to know the total gallons. I wrote a speed measuring routine that you can use if you want to show the flow rate and also a counter for numbers as big as 1000000000 bye

Great information. Very useful to me. Actually I was searching the same since many days. Thanks. SEO Company Textile Designing Software Seforim Oak Furniture galapagos tours SEO Freelancer Edited by Faheemkhan