Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
omrontempo

CQM1H-51 communication via serial port

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Im totally new to omron plc's. I have had previous experience with unitronics plcs, but im having trouble receiving messages from com port with omron. My plc has serial communications board. Im trying to receive numbers, store them and later make decisions based to the info. The part which confuses me is the IR flag what should "The Reception Completed Flag ( IR20106) is turned ON when reception is completed and is turned OFF after data is read with RXD(47)". It seems logical to me to use a contact with an address of 20106. But it doesnt work. My guess is that i do the addressing wrong somehow. I changed memory settings to DM6555- 1000, DM6556- 0, DM6557-0 and 6558- 2000. That should give me 1 start bit, 7-bit data, even parity, 2 stop bits, 9,600 bps and port 2. But when i check IR memory it shows like its a word with a value? I made a screenshot also. Thanks in advance Edited by omrontempo

The most common problem is the cable. The Omron DB9 is not a standard pinout. Omron Cables

I use same cable for programming( own made+ usb-serial adapter) and it works.

And I got the problem solved. I just didnt notice the part, where i should have set, how many bytes are received. That has to be set in DM6559! I just turned the end code off and by default it was waiting for 256 bytes to turn "message received" flag up.