Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hamza

Modbus TRU in contrologix rack

2 posts in this topic

hey guys I am using for first time modbus RTU in contrologix . when I added the generic module in my I/O tree I found I have to add add-on- instruction(from prosoft technology website). to allow the processor to communicate to the module. so question came to my mind sometime we add generic module in I/O tree if you do not have the module as add-on-profile, but we do not add any logic as add-on-instruction/. when we need add-on-instruction. some people said because modbus is not Allen Bradly product for that you need add-on-instruction. however when you and generic module to the I/O tree so processor does not know if it is Allen Bradly product or not . so could you please clarify if you have some idea thanks in advance

Hello Hamza, I'll just finish this kind of problem last week , its working well now. You can run the Prosoft Module even without the ADD-ON. you can copy the sample program in Irax CD of prosoft. you find there your prosoft module model Ex: MVI56-MCM-E there is sample for Master and Salve. Then you can edit that as your main program. You can email me if you have other question. raulvirtudazo@gmail.com Edited by raulvirtudazo